Enhance your skin and energy with these 5 surefire ways to clean out before your special day. These will assist in driving toxins out and balancing your system. Of course we’re not health advisors, but these have been proven to give your body the boost it needs. As far as length, do whatever works for you, whether it’s a couple days, or even a week. We suggest using a juicer for best results.
THE MASTER CLEANSE
It is suggested that you drink 6-8 glasses of this while fasting from food. So get out your 8 ounce glass and add these to it:
• Mix 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
• 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
GREEN DETOX DRINK
Get that digestive system moving! Mix the following ingredients with water and puree in a blender.
- 3 carrots
- 3 kale leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 beets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 turnip
- ½ bunch of parsley
- ½ bunch of spinach
- ½ cabbage
- ½ onion
Sounds gross right? It’s an acquired taste but we’ve grown to like it around here. This dandy diuretic contains vitamin A, potassium, iron & calcium. Tell your liver and kidneys that you appreciate them and drink this down. Boil the following in 4 cups of purified water for 10 minutes, then drink it!
• Brew 6 tablespoons of 1-year-old dried dandelion root
• 12 tablespoons of fresh dandelion leaves
FRESH CRANBERRY JUICE
Why not buy the store version of this tasty beverage? Because it’s mostly sugar. The real deal will prevent urinary tract infections and it contains vitamin C, manganese and antioxidants. Two 16-oz. glasses of “R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice” can be safely consumed on a daily basis by healthy adults. Let’s make this!
• Dilute one part cranberry juice in four parts water
• Add 1 tablespoon each of apple pectin & psyllium fiber
This isn’t a Hi-C joke of a drink. Try nature’s gift to your body – It is high in fiber and loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. This recipe incorporates fruit, flax oil and lecithin. Let’s blend!
- 4 oz. of pure water
- 8 oz. of orange juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon lecithin granules
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice if desired
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder or spirulina powder
- ½ cup banana strawberries or yogurt
- ½-inch slice of ginger